I noticed this blog was moving towards a very theoretical framework on what sustainable entrepreneurship is. Since it’s my objective to research “how to” instead of “what”, I decided to add an extra category called Sustainable organisation tools. In this category I will link a theoretical framework with a tool that will enable you to implement that framework in your organisation.
The posts in this category will always be structured the same way:
- Theoretical framework: What is this tool about, how can it be useful?
- The tool visualized
- How to work with the tool
Important note on tools:
I would like to put special attention on the last point: How to work with the tool. You should always keep in mind that:
- A tool is a tool, it will not get the work done for you;
- A tool is only as useful as you let it be (eg. changing your organization chart from a vertical to a horizontal structure won’t change anything if you’re still working like you did before);
- If the tool doesn’t fit your company, business unit, purpose… you can always alter it. Make the tool fit for your people, not vice versa;
- Make sure you always understand why a specific tool is used. Using a tool simply because others used it as well is useless;